Afghanistan: 21 Taliban killed
Kabul: At least 21 Taliban militants have been killed in a series of countrywide operations led by Afghan police, the Interior Ministry said on Sunday.
Police backed by Army and NATO-led forces have been facing the Taliban in Kapisa, Kandahar, Herat and Farah provinces since Saturday, Xinhua reported.
The ministry, however, did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ