Afghanistan: 21 Taliban killed
Kabul: At least 21 Taliban militants have been killed in a series of countrywide operations led by Afghan police, the Interior Ministry said on Sunday.
Police backed by Army and NATO-led forces have been facing the Taliban in Kapisa, Kandahar, Herat and Farah provinces since Saturday, Xinhua reported.
The ministry, however, did not say if there were any casualties among the security forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?