Afghanistan: 40 Taliban militants killed
Kabul: At least 40 Taliban were killed and 14 injured in a cross-border attack the militants launched against police checkposts in Afghanistan`s Paktika province on Saturday, a government official said.
"Dozens of militants crossed the Afghan-Pakistan border and stormed Afghan border police checkposts in Nahmat Abad area of the Gomal district at about 2 am local time Saturday and the police repelled the attack. As a result 40 militants were killed and 14 injured," Xinhua quoted a provincial government spokesman as saying.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) coalition`s helicopters supported the police in the fight against the militants, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media