Afghanistan: 40 Taliban militants killed
Kabul: At least 40 Taliban were killed and 14 injured in a cross-border attack the militants launched against police checkposts in Afghanistan`s Paktika province on Saturday, a government official said.
"Dozens of militants crossed the Afghan-Pakistan border and stormed Afghan border police checkposts in Nahmat Abad area of the Gomal district at about 2 am local time Saturday and the police repelled the attack. As a result 40 militants were killed and 14 injured," Xinhua quoted a provincial government spokesman as saying.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) coalition`s helicopters supported the police in the fight against the militants, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi