Afghanistan: 42 Taliban killed
Kabul: Over 40 Taliban militants have been killed and 37 suspects detained during joint security operations in different provinces of Afghanistan in last 24 hours, the country`s interior ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Police (ANP), army and NATO-led coalition forces launched seven joint clearance operations in Nangarhar, Laghman, Balkh, Kandahar, Helmand, Khost and Ghazni provinces over the past 24 hours," Xinhua quoted the ministry`s statement as saying.
The ANP also discovered and defused four remote-controlled mines as a result of security operation in Baghlan province`s Khinjan district, the statement added.
The Taliban are yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan