Afghanistan: 42 Taliban killed
Kabul: Over 40 Taliban militants have been killed and 37 suspects detained during joint security operations in different provinces of Afghanistan in last 24 hours, the country`s interior ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Police (ANP), army and NATO-led coalition forces launched seven joint clearance operations in Nangarhar, Laghman, Balkh, Kandahar, Helmand, Khost and Ghazni provinces over the past 24 hours," Xinhua quoted the ministry`s statement as saying.
The ANP also discovered and defused four remote-controlled mines as a result of security operation in Baghlan province`s Khinjan district, the statement added.
The Taliban are yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'