Afghanistan: 42 Taliban killed
Kabul: Over 40 Taliban militants have been killed and 37 suspects detained during joint security operations in different provinces of Afghanistan in last 24 hours, the country`s interior ministry said Sunday.
"Afghan National Police (ANP), army and NATO-led coalition forces launched seven joint clearance operations in Nangarhar, Laghman, Balkh, Kandahar, Helmand, Khost and Ghazni provinces over the past 24 hours," Xinhua quoted the ministry`s statement as saying.
The ANP also discovered and defused four remote-controlled mines as a result of security operation in Baghlan province`s Khinjan district, the statement added.
The Taliban are yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi