Afghanistan appoints spy agency director
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Saturday appointed Rahmatullah Nabil as acting director of the country`s intelligence agency.
"President Hamid Karzai signed a presidential decree appointing Rahmatullah Nabil as the acting director general for the National Directorate of Security (NDS) and wished him success in his job," Xinhua cited a Presidential Palace statement as saying.
The current director general of NDS Assadullah Khalid escaped an assassination attempt but was critically injured in a bombing in Kabul last December.
Nabil also served as NDS director general for two years and his term ended in August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok