Afghanistan needs Pakistan help on security
Kabul: The Afghan president`s spokesman
says security cooperation with Pakistan is key if his nation
is to be able to quell its virulent insurgency.
Wahid Omar said on Monday that President Hamid Karzai
discussed the issue with Pakistani officials during a recent
mini summit in Turkey where he stressed that Afghanistan will
not allow its territory be used as a springboard for
operations against its neighbours.
Omar says Pakistan can help with security in
Afghanistan by not allowing its territory to be a terrorist
He says there can be no improvement "unless were are
sincere in our cooperation."
The Taliban-linked Haqqani network often stages
operations in Afghanistan from its sanctuaries in western
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack