Afghanistan objects to Pakistan`s border constructions
Kabul: The Afghanistan government Monday protested about unilateral construction of facilities by neighbour Pakistan along its eastern border, Xinhua reported.
"The recent construction of a gate and other facilities along the so-called Durand line took place without any coordination with Afghanistan," Afghan defence ministry spokesperson General Zahir Azimi told reporters during a joint press conference with International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) here.
"According to agreements between the two countries, before constructing any facilities close to border areas, the two sides must be informed," Azimi said adding that "Afghanistan will use all options to prevent such issues".
The ministry`s comments came a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered the defence and interior ministries to take immediate action to remove a newly-constructed gate, checkpoints and other installations recently built by Pakistan along the border in Goshta district in eastern Nangarhar province, 120 km from Kabul.
The "ISAF continues to monitor the situation on the (Afghan-Pakistani) border and we remain in dialogue with the Afghan and Pakistani sides on the constructive way", said Brigadier General Gunter Katz, a spokesperson with the NATO-led ISAF, during the conference.
Earlier this month, the Pakistani side rejected the Afghan government`s claim that the Pakistan military had started unilateral construction and was engaged in physical reinforcement activities along the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- RBI imposes Rs 27-crore penalty on 13 banks
- ACHIEVEMENT! Anurag Thakur to join Territorial Army; will be 1st serving BJP MP to join military force
- Breakthrough: Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Gaming Time! Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team enjoys playing FIFA after West Indies win
- Watch it to believe it: Cricket 'watching' at its best