Afghanistan objects to Pakistan`s border constructions
Kabul: The Afghanistan government Monday protested about unilateral construction of facilities by neighbour Pakistan along its eastern border, Xinhua reported.
"The recent construction of a gate and other facilities along the so-called Durand line took place without any coordination with Afghanistan," Afghan defence ministry spokesperson General Zahir Azimi told reporters during a joint press conference with International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) here.
"According to agreements between the two countries, before constructing any facilities close to border areas, the two sides must be informed," Azimi said adding that "Afghanistan will use all options to prevent such issues".
The ministry`s comments came a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered the defence and interior ministries to take immediate action to remove a newly-constructed gate, checkpoints and other installations recently built by Pakistan along the border in Goshta district in eastern Nangarhar province, 120 km from Kabul.
The "ISAF continues to monitor the situation on the (Afghan-Pakistani) border and we remain in dialogue with the Afghan and Pakistani sides on the constructive way", said Brigadier General Gunter Katz, a spokesperson with the NATO-led ISAF, during the conference.
Earlier this month, the Pakistani side rejected the Afghan government`s claim that the Pakistan military had started unilateral construction and was engaged in physical reinforcement activities along the border areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed