Afghanistan objects to Pakistan`s border constructions
Kabul: The Afghanistan government Monday protested about unilateral construction of facilities by neighbour Pakistan along its eastern border, Xinhua reported.
"The recent construction of a gate and other facilities along the so-called Durand line took place without any coordination with Afghanistan," Afghan defence ministry spokesperson General Zahir Azimi told reporters during a joint press conference with International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) here.
"According to agreements between the two countries, before constructing any facilities close to border areas, the two sides must be informed," Azimi said adding that "Afghanistan will use all options to prevent such issues".
The ministry`s comments came a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered the defence and interior ministries to take immediate action to remove a newly-constructed gate, checkpoints and other installations recently built by Pakistan along the border in Goshta district in eastern Nangarhar province, 120 km from Kabul.
The "ISAF continues to monitor the situation on the (Afghan-Pakistani) border and we remain in dialogue with the Afghan and Pakistani sides on the constructive way", said Brigadier General Gunter Katz, a spokesperson with the NATO-led ISAF, during the conference.
Earlier this month, the Pakistani side rejected the Afghan government`s claim that the Pakistan military had started unilateral construction and was engaged in physical reinforcement activities along the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of BJP govt: PM Modi to address rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check