Afghanistan objects to Pakistan`s border constructions
Kabul: The Afghanistan government Monday protested about unilateral construction of facilities by neighbour Pakistan along its eastern border, Xinhua reported.
"The recent construction of a gate and other facilities along the so-called Durand line took place without any coordination with Afghanistan," Afghan defence ministry spokesperson General Zahir Azimi told reporters during a joint press conference with International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) here.
"According to agreements between the two countries, before constructing any facilities close to border areas, the two sides must be informed," Azimi said adding that "Afghanistan will use all options to prevent such issues".
The ministry`s comments came a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered the defence and interior ministries to take immediate action to remove a newly-constructed gate, checkpoints and other installations recently built by Pakistan along the border in Goshta district in eastern Nangarhar province, 120 km from Kabul.
The "ISAF continues to monitor the situation on the (Afghan-Pakistani) border and we remain in dialogue with the Afghan and Pakistani sides on the constructive way", said Brigadier General Gunter Katz, a spokesperson with the NATO-led ISAF, during the conference.
Earlier this month, the Pakistani side rejected the Afghan government`s claim that the Pakistan military had started unilateral construction and was engaged in physical reinforcement activities along the border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof