Afghanistan operations kill 21 militants
Kabul: The Afghan Defense Ministry says 21 militants have been killed in three separate operations in the Central Asian country`s fight to combat the resurgent Taliban.
The ministry said in a statement that attacks by Afghan and NATO forces on Sunday killed eight insurgents in southern Helmand province and six in eastern Ghazni province.
Afghan forces also killed seven militants in northern Kunduz province on Sunday. The north has become more violent in recent months as the Taliban and other militant groups have expanded their targets beyond the turbulent south and east.
The ministry did not report any casualties for Afghan or NATO forces, and did not go into detail about the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest