Afghanistan, Pakistan discuss defence cooperation
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Pakistan Monday held talks on boosting cooperation in anti-terror operations, a media report said.
Visiting Afghan Defence Minister Gen. Bismillah Khan Muhammadi, leading a six-member delegation, met Pakistan Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Xinhua reported.
The Afghan minister arrived in Pakistan Sunday.
The delegation visited the Pakistan Army headquarters in Rawalpindi and paid homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the war against terror.
The two sides discussed measures that the Afghan National Army and the Pakistan Army intend to take for an enduring training relationship, the Pakistani military said.
During his five-day visit, the Afghan minister will meet top civil and military leaders.
The delegation will also visit various defence institutions including the National Defence University in Islamabad.
Sources told Xinhua that cross-border attacks will also come under discussion as the issue had been a source of tension between the two countries in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened