Afghanistan: Rabbani’s son is Peace Council head
Kabul: Afghanistan`s government on Saturday appointed Salahuddin Rabbani, the son of slain Peace Council chief Burhanuddin Rabbani, to replace his father and lead the country`s High Peace Council charged with reaching out to Taliban insurgents.
Former president Burhanuddin Rabbani was assassinated in September last year by an insurgent carrying a bomb hidden in a turban, a major setback to reconciliation efforts with the Afghan Taliban and exploratory moves towards peace talks.
Salahuddin Rabbani is currently Afghanistan`s ambassador to Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?