Afghanistan: Rabbani’s son is Peace Council head
Kabul: Afghanistan`s government on Saturday appointed Salahuddin Rabbani, the son of slain Peace Council chief Burhanuddin Rabbani, to replace his father and lead the country`s High Peace Council charged with reaching out to Taliban insurgents.
Former president Burhanuddin Rabbani was assassinated in September last year by an insurgent carrying a bomb hidden in a turban, a major setback to reconciliation efforts with the Afghan Taliban and exploratory moves towards peace talks.
Salahuddin Rabbani is currently Afghanistan`s ambassador to Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj