Afghanistan: Rabbani’s son is Peace Council head
Kabul: Afghanistan`s government on Saturday appointed Salahuddin Rabbani, the son of slain Peace Council chief Burhanuddin Rabbani, to replace his father and lead the country`s High Peace Council charged with reaching out to Taliban insurgents.
Former president Burhanuddin Rabbani was assassinated in September last year by an insurgent carrying a bomb hidden in a turban, a major setback to reconciliation efforts with the Afghan Taliban and exploratory moves towards peace talks.
Salahuddin Rabbani is currently Afghanistan`s ambassador to Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile