Afghanistan says Pakistanis shot dead in mosque attack
Kabul: Afghanistan`s intelligence agency Thursday said that its spies shot dead two Pakistanis who opened fire on Afghan worshippers before dawn at a Shiite Muslim mosque in Kabul.
"Around 5 am, two Pakistani terrorists in Afghan police uniforms armed with AK-47s and pistols wanted to carry out an attack on Afghan worshippers in west Kabul," it said in a statement.
"Fortunately, the two terrorists were shot dead by Afghan intelligence forces in an exchange of fire," it added.
Three Afghan worshippers were wounded by the Pakistanis and taken to hospital, the statement added.
Afghan officials often accuse the Pakistani government and its intelligence agents of sheltering insurgents and supporting them in attacks in Afghanistan -- allegations that Pakistan denies.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai last week spent two days in Pakistan, asking the new Pakistani government to help set up peace talks between his administration and Taliban insurgents.
Around 87,000 US-led NATO troops are to leave Afghanistan next year, putting Afghan forces in charge of nationwide security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?