Afghanistan: Suicide attacks near NATO base kill 13
Kabul: Two suicide attackers on Saturday blew themselves up near a NATO base in eastern Afghanistan, killing nine civilians and four policemen and also injuring at least 68.
Shahidullah Shadid, a spokesman for the Wardak provincial governor, says the attack took place at dawn on Saturday in the province`s Sayed Abad district.
He said one suicide bomber with a vest rigged with explosives blew himself up outside a compound housing the district governor`s office, while another in a fuel tanker detonated his bomb on a road separating the compound from a NATO base.
He also said no NATO troops were killed, but two were lightly wounded.
Later, the Taliban claimed the responsibility for carrying out the deadly suicide bomb attacks.
There was no immediate NATO comment.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!