Afghanistan: Suicide attacks near NATO base kill 13
Kabul: Two suicide attackers on Saturday blew themselves up near a NATO base in eastern Afghanistan, killing nine civilians and four policemen and also injuring at least 68.
Shahidullah Shadid, a spokesman for the Wardak provincial governor, says the attack took place at dawn on Saturday in the province`s Sayed Abad district.
He said one suicide bomber with a vest rigged with explosives blew himself up outside a compound housing the district governor`s office, while another in a fuel tanker detonated his bomb on a road separating the compound from a NATO base.
He also said no NATO troops were killed, but two were lightly wounded.
Later, the Taliban claimed the responsibility for carrying out the deadly suicide bomb attacks.
There was no immediate NATO comment.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video