Afghanistan: Suicide attacks near NATO base kill 13
Kabul: Two suicide attackers on Saturday blew themselves up near a NATO base in eastern Afghanistan, killing nine civilians and four policemen and also injuring at least 68.
Shahidullah Shadid, a spokesman for the Wardak provincial governor, says the attack took place at dawn on Saturday in the province`s Sayed Abad district.
He said one suicide bomber with a vest rigged with explosives blew himself up outside a compound housing the district governor`s office, while another in a fuel tanker detonated his bomb on a road separating the compound from a NATO base.
He also said no NATO troops were killed, but two were lightly wounded.
Later, the Taliban claimed the responsibility for carrying out the deadly suicide bomb attacks.
There was no immediate NATO comment.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement