Afghanistan suicide blast kills 28
Kunduz: A suicide attacker killed 28 people and wounded 32 others on Monday when he blew himself up in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz, Interior Ministry spokesman Zemerai Bashary said.
Bashary said all of the victims were civilians, describing the attack as "a disaster".
Abdul Rehman Sayedkhaili, the provincial police chief, earlier put the toll at 26 dead and 36 wounded.
According to reports, the suicide bomber struck as people queued to collect identification cards.
The attack comes a day after at least 18 people were killed in an attack on a bank in the Afghan city of Jalalabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal