Afghanistan suicide blast kills 28
Kunduz: A suicide attacker killed 28 people and wounded 32 others on Monday when he blew himself up in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz, Interior Ministry spokesman Zemerai Bashary said.
Bashary said all of the victims were civilians, describing the attack as "a disaster".
Abdul Rehman Sayedkhaili, the provincial police chief, earlier put the toll at 26 dead and 36 wounded.
According to reports, the suicide bomber struck as people queued to collect identification cards.
The attack comes a day after at least 18 people were killed in an attack on a bank in the Afghan city of Jalalabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote
- Rio Olympics 2016: Shooter Chain Singh to be discharged from hospital today
- 7.5% economic growth failed to change people's lives: Jean Dreze
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam
- Pokemon Go mania causes international incident on US border