Afghanistan suicide blast kills 28
Kunduz: A suicide attacker killed 28 people and wounded 32 others on Monday when he blew himself up in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz, Interior Ministry spokesman Zemerai Bashary said.
Bashary said all of the victims were civilians, describing the attack as "a disaster".
Abdul Rehman Sayedkhaili, the provincial police chief, earlier put the toll at 26 dead and 36 wounded.
According to reports, the suicide bomber struck as people queued to collect identification cards.
The attack comes a day after at least 18 people were killed in an attack on a bank in the Afghan city of Jalalabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties