Afghanistan: Taliban commander stoned to death
Washington: In a rare case of reversal of
brutality, enraged villagers stoned to death a senior Taliban
Commander and his bodyguard after they had shot dead a
60-year-old man, accusing him of being a government agent in
The stoning episode happened on Sunday evening in Helmand
province when two Taliban men roared up on a motorcycle to a
Mosque in the village of Trekh Zaber, where Yaar Mohammad and
his two sons were waiting to celebrate Iftar, after breaking
fast during the holy month of Ramadan.
The militants ordered Mohammad to come to them and shot
him point blank, killing him instantly, the New York Times
reported quoting Haji Hayatullah, a district council member.
As their father fell to the bullets, his two sons pounced
on the motorcycle-borne terrorists, pulling them down. Other
villagers joined the youths in stoning the men to death.
The two killers were later identified as a top Taliban
commander of the region and his bodyguard.
Officials said that Mohammad had received threats from
Taliban, but apart from being friends with former provincial
governor, had no official role in the government.
The case, local officials said was a rare case of
brutality aimed at Taliban with the local provincial governor
saying that it was part of signs "that people won`t tolerate
Taliban`s barbaric actions anymore."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read