Afghanistan: Taliban leader, 7 others killed in NATO attack
Kabul: NATO says an airstrike and a raid by ground troops killed a Taliban leader and seven fighters in northern Afghanistan.
An alliance statement on Thursday says Maulawi Jawadullah — accused of organising deadly ambushes, roadside bomb attacks, and abductions of Afghan security forces — was killed in the airstrike. Seven other Taliban also died in the assault on Wednesday in Takhar province. Among them were three who were killed in a gunbattle after they opened fire from a forest after coalition forces moved in.
NATO says Jawadullah was linked to the recent deaths of 10 Afghan National Police officers during an attack on a police station in neighbouring Kunduz province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch