Afghanistan: Taliban leader, 7 others killed in NATO attack
Kabul: NATO says an airstrike and a raid by ground troops killed a Taliban leader and seven fighters in northern Afghanistan.
An alliance statement on Thursday says Maulawi Jawadullah — accused of organising deadly ambushes, roadside bomb attacks, and abductions of Afghan security forces — was killed in the airstrike. Seven other Taliban also died in the assault on Wednesday in Takhar province. Among them were three who were killed in a gunbattle after they opened fire from a forest after coalition forces moved in.
NATO says Jawadullah was linked to the recent deaths of 10 Afghan National Police officers during an attack on a police station in neighbouring Kunduz province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority