Afghanistan: Taliban leader, 7 others killed in NATO attack
Kabul: NATO says an airstrike and a raid by ground troops killed a Taliban leader and seven fighters in northern Afghanistan.
An alliance statement on Thursday says Maulawi Jawadullah — accused of organising deadly ambushes, roadside bomb attacks, and abductions of Afghan security forces — was killed in the airstrike. Seven other Taliban also died in the assault on Wednesday in Takhar province. Among them were three who were killed in a gunbattle after they opened fire from a forest after coalition forces moved in.
NATO says Jawadullah was linked to the recent deaths of 10 Afghan National Police officers during an attack on a police station in neighbouring Kunduz province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Veerappan' Box Office collections, movie mints Rs 1.77 cr on first day!
- These globetrotting stars will give you serious travel goals – View pics
- Zika virus infects placenta, claim researchers!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations
- Govt should pluck up courage for bold reforms, engage Oppn: Chidambaram