Afghanistan to indict ex-minister
Kabul: The Afghan attorney general`s office
says it plans to indict the former Minister of Commerce and
Industry on corruption charges.
Deputy Attorney General Rahmatullah Nazari told The
Associated Press today that Amin Farhang is among 20
high-ranking government officials being investigated by his
office for alleged corruption or misuse of power.
Nazari says Farhang, who is accused of overcharging
the government nearly USD 20 million for fuel, will become the
highest ranking official so far to be referred to a special
court set up to battle rampant graft and bribery in the Afghan
The international community has harshly criticised
President Hamid Karzai for not doing enough to clean up
corrupt practices in his administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!