Afghanistan to indict ex-minister
Kabul: The Afghan attorney general`s office
says it plans to indict the former Minister of Commerce and
Industry on corruption charges.
Deputy Attorney General Rahmatullah Nazari told The
Associated Press today that Amin Farhang is among 20
high-ranking government officials being investigated by his
office for alleged corruption or misuse of power.
Nazari says Farhang, who is accused of overcharging
the government nearly USD 20 million for fuel, will become the
highest ranking official so far to be referred to a special
court set up to battle rampant graft and bribery in the Afghan
The international community has harshly criticised
President Hamid Karzai for not doing enough to clean up
corrupt practices in his administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'