Afghanistan to indict ex-minister
Kabul: The Afghan attorney general`s office
says it plans to indict the former Minister of Commerce and
Industry on corruption charges.
Deputy Attorney General Rahmatullah Nazari told The
Associated Press today that Amin Farhang is among 20
high-ranking government officials being investigated by his
office for alleged corruption or misuse of power.
Nazari says Farhang, who is accused of overcharging
the government nearly USD 20 million for fuel, will become the
highest ranking official so far to be referred to a special
court set up to battle rampant graft and bribery in the Afghan
The international community has harshly criticised
President Hamid Karzai for not doing enough to clean up
corrupt practices in his administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman