Afghanistan to open embassy in Greece
Kabul: Afghanistan`s Foreign Ministry says it will open an embassy in Greece within a few months to assist tens of thousands of Afghan illegal migrants there.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Janan Musazai says the new embassy in Athens should be open by the end of March. He says that Kabul will close its embassy in Bulgaria at the same time.
Musazai said on Sunday that about 50,000 Afghans illegally enter Greece each year, seeking a better life in the European Union. Most choose the country because of its porous land border with Turkey.
But many are either caught and jailed or find themselves stranded with no money and no papers. Musazai said a recent government delegation provided 650 passports to Afghans who wanted to return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says