Afghanistan`s judge whips man for drinking alcohol
Kabul: A man in Afghanistan was publicly whipped by a judge as punishment for drinking alcohol.
The lashing was carried out inside a courtroom in Jalalabad last week, the BBC reports.
The Afghan Human Rights Commission has expressed concern about the incident.
According to the report, most punishments of this nature are carried out by the Taliban.
Such punishments are legal under the Afghan Constitution but are rarely implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed