Afghanistan`s judge whips man for drinking alcohol
Kabul: A man in Afghanistan was publicly whipped by a judge as punishment for drinking alcohol.
The lashing was carried out inside a courtroom in Jalalabad last week, the BBC reports.
The Afghan Human Rights Commission has expressed concern about the incident.
According to the report, most punishments of this nature are carried out by the Taliban.
Such punishments are legal under the Afghan Constitution but are rarely implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!