Afghanistan`s judge whips man for drinking alcohol
Kabul: A man in Afghanistan was publicly whipped by a judge as punishment for drinking alcohol.
The lashing was carried out inside a courtroom in Jalalabad last week, the BBC reports.
The Afghan Human Rights Commission has expressed concern about the incident.
According to the report, most punishments of this nature are carried out by the Taliban.
Such punishments are legal under the Afghan Constitution but are rarely implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry