Afghanistan`s neighbours trying to split country: Karzai
Kabul: In a meeting with Afghan Interior Ministry officials, President Hamid Karzai has reportedly warned that neighbouring countries are trying to split the country.
He claimed that these countries have taken undue advantage of the situation in Afghanistan, and added that they always did things to meet their own goals.
"Some countries don`t want Afghanistan to have a proper system; many don`t want Afghanistan to have a government and are trying to divide us into groups. They want that Afghanistan should be available to serve them whenever needed. The outcome of all this is that- we are now in ruins," the Afghan television channel Tolo News quoted President Karzai, as saying.
Karzai also claimed that the Taliban is consciously targeting Afghan security forces, representatives and the government, providing services to Kabul’s enemies.
He reiterated that Afghanistan would not sign a security agreement with the United States until its demands are accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics