Afghanistan`s neighbours trying to split country: Karzai
Kabul: In a meeting with Afghan Interior Ministry officials, President Hamid Karzai has reportedly warned that neighbouring countries are trying to split the country.
He claimed that these countries have taken undue advantage of the situation in Afghanistan, and added that they always did things to meet their own goals.
"Some countries don`t want Afghanistan to have a proper system; many don`t want Afghanistan to have a government and are trying to divide us into groups. They want that Afghanistan should be available to serve them whenever needed. The outcome of all this is that- we are now in ruins," the Afghan television channel Tolo News quoted President Karzai, as saying.
Karzai also claimed that the Taliban is consciously targeting Afghan security forces, representatives and the government, providing services to Kabul’s enemies.
He reiterated that Afghanistan would not sign a security agreement with the United States until its demands are accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Understanding Olympics qualification: How MC Mary Kom can still go to Rio 2016, with some luck
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM