Afghanistan`s neighbours trying to split country: Karzai
Kabul: In a meeting with Afghan Interior Ministry officials, President Hamid Karzai has reportedly warned that neighbouring countries are trying to split the country.
He claimed that these countries have taken undue advantage of the situation in Afghanistan, and added that they always did things to meet their own goals.
"Some countries don`t want Afghanistan to have a proper system; many don`t want Afghanistan to have a government and are trying to divide us into groups. They want that Afghanistan should be available to serve them whenever needed. The outcome of all this is that- we are now in ruins," the Afghan television channel Tolo News quoted President Karzai, as saying.
Karzai also claimed that the Taliban is consciously targeting Afghan security forces, representatives and the government, providing services to Kabul’s enemies.
He reiterated that Afghanistan would not sign a security agreement with the United States until its demands are accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September