Afridi refuses Pak jail meal over poisoning scare
Islamabad: The Pakistani doctor who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, has reportedly refused to eat meals provided by the Peshawar jail authorities.
Sources claimed that Dr Shakeel Afridi refused to eat prison food over fears of being poisoned, the News reports.
On Dr Afridi’s demand prison authorities have provided him with essential items and cooking utensils so that he can prepare his own food, the sources added.
A Pakistan cort has sentenced Dr Afridi to 33 years in prison for treason for helping the Central Investigation Agency find Bin Laden.
The Pakistani authorities recently expressed fears that Dr Afridi could be killed and demanded he be transferred to a more secure prison.
He is being held in a central jail in Peshawar, where the Taliban and other militants are being held on terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days