Afridi refuses Pak jail meal over poisoning scare
Islamabad: The Pakistani doctor who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, has reportedly refused to eat meals provided by the Peshawar jail authorities.
Sources claimed that Dr Shakeel Afridi refused to eat prison food over fears of being poisoned, the News reports.
On Dr Afridi’s demand prison authorities have provided him with essential items and cooking utensils so that he can prepare his own food, the sources added.
A Pakistan cort has sentenced Dr Afridi to 33 years in prison for treason for helping the Central Investigation Agency find Bin Laden.
The Pakistani authorities recently expressed fears that Dr Afridi could be killed and demanded he be transferred to a more secure prison.
He is being held in a central jail in Peshawar, where the Taliban and other militants are being held on terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes