Afridi refuses Pak jail meal over poisoning scare
Islamabad: The Pakistani doctor who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, has reportedly refused to eat meals provided by the Peshawar jail authorities.
Sources claimed that Dr Shakeel Afridi refused to eat prison food over fears of being poisoned, the News reports.
On Dr Afridi’s demand prison authorities have provided him with essential items and cooking utensils so that he can prepare his own food, the sources added.
A Pakistan cort has sentenced Dr Afridi to 33 years in prison for treason for helping the Central Investigation Agency find Bin Laden.
The Pakistani authorities recently expressed fears that Dr Afridi could be killed and demanded he be transferred to a more secure prison.
He is being held in a central jail in Peshawar, where the Taliban and other militants are being held on terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study