Afridi refuses Pak jail meal over poisoning scare
Islamabad: The Pakistani doctor who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, has reportedly refused to eat meals provided by the Peshawar jail authorities.
Sources claimed that Dr Shakeel Afridi refused to eat prison food over fears of being poisoned, the News reports.
On Dr Afridi’s demand prison authorities have provided him with essential items and cooking utensils so that he can prepare his own food, the sources added.
A Pakistan cort has sentenced Dr Afridi to 33 years in prison for treason for helping the Central Investigation Agency find Bin Laden.
The Pakistani authorities recently expressed fears that Dr Afridi could be killed and demanded he be transferred to a more secure prison.
He is being held in a central jail in Peshawar, where the Taliban and other militants are being held on terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'