Afridi refuses Pak jail meal over poisoning scare
Islamabad: The Pakistani doctor who helped the US locate Osama Bin Laden, has reportedly refused to eat meals provided by the Peshawar jail authorities.
Sources claimed that Dr Shakeel Afridi refused to eat prison food over fears of being poisoned, the News reports.
On Dr Afridi’s demand prison authorities have provided him with essential items and cooking utensils so that he can prepare his own food, the sources added.
A Pakistan cort has sentenced Dr Afridi to 33 years in prison for treason for helping the Central Investigation Agency find Bin Laden.
The Pakistani authorities recently expressed fears that Dr Afridi could be killed and demanded he be transferred to a more secure prison.
He is being held in a central jail in Peshawar, where the Taliban and other militants are being held on terror charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth