After 9/11, Pakistan paid a heavy price: Malik
Thimphu: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has called for collective efforts by the SAARC countries to eliminate terrorism and deal with money laundering and organised crime.
Addressing the fourth South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) interior ministers’ conference at Thimphu in Bhutan on Saturday, Malik said terrorists could not weaken the government of Pakistan’s resolve to eliminate the menace from its soil.
According to the Nation, Malik said Pakistan has given unprecedented sacrifices in the fight against terrorism and this fight would continue till the last terrorist was eliminated.
He assured Pakistan would fully cooperate with members of the SAACR countries to eliminate terrorism.
He revealed during the last 10 years, there were 7,485 blasts in Pakistan, which included 3,812 suicide blasts. He said 35,000 people lost their lives in these acts of terrorism.
Malik said after 9/11, Pakistan paid a heavy price and the country was facing incidents like 9/11 and Mumbai attacks on daily basis.
He said Pakistan was making the laws effective about immigration and border control and anti-terrorism act was being further amended, security forces capacity was being enhanced and they were being equipped with modern weapons.
He said 31 terror groups had been banned in Pakistan. The minister said in addition to traditional methods to deal with terrorists, there was need to change the mindset of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read