Air attacks in Pak kill 20 militants
Peshawar: At least 20 militants were killed and their six hideouts were destroyed when combat jets struck Taliban positions in the restive Orakzai tribal region in northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The jets pounded militant positions at Dabori, Ghiljo, Mulla Patti, Mamozai and Khadezai areas of Orakzai Agency yesterday, which borders Afghanistan.
Pakistani troops launched an operation in mid-March in Orakzai Agency against Taliban fighters who fled an Army offensive in South Waziristan last year.
The Army says it has killed hundreds of militants in the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?