Air Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt new chief of PAF
Islamabad: The government on Wednesday named Air
Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt as the next chief of the Pakistan Air
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani advised the President,
the supreme commander of Pakistan`s armed forces, to appoint
Butt the new chief of the PAF as he is the senior-most serving
officer, said a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
Butt will replace Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman,
who is set to retire on March 17.
Suleman recently said he did not want an extension in
service and would call it a day when he reaches the age of
Suleman had noted that Butt was the senior-most officer
in the line of succession as he was currently vice chief of
Suleman superseded three senior air marshals to become
the PAF chief on March 18, 2009.
Butt was commissioned as a pilot in March 1977. During
his career, he has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter
wing, an operational base and a regional air command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you