Air strike kills 10 Taliban fighters in Afghan
Lashkar Gah: Ten Taliban militants were killed as NATO-led forces aircraft raided their hideout in Helmand province 555 km south of capital Kabul on Friday, police spokesman in the province, Farid Ahmad Farhang said Saturday.
“A group of Taliban rebels were going in Marja district to target security forces when the aircraft of NATO-led ISAF identified their hideout and attacked them killing 10 militants on the spot," Farhang told Xinhua.
Taliban militants fighting the government and NATO-led force are yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics