Air strike kills 10 Taliban fighters in Afghan
Lashkar Gah: Ten Taliban militants were killed as NATO-led forces aircraft raided their hideout in Helmand province 555 km south of capital Kabul on Friday, police spokesman in the province, Farid Ahmad Farhang said Saturday.
“A group of Taliban rebels were going in Marja district to target security forces when the aircraft of NATO-led ISAF identified their hideout and attacked them killing 10 militants on the spot," Farhang told Xinhua.
Taliban militants fighting the government and NATO-led force are yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth