Air strikes in Orakzai kill 10 Taliban militants
Peshawar: At least 10 Taliban fighters were killed and six others injured when jet fighters pounded their hideouts in the volatile Orakzai tribal region in northwest Pakistan on Monday.
The jets targeted militant positions at New Kot, Shadalay, Ghund Mela and Badamay Kalay in Orakzai Agency. Two militant hideouts were destroyed in the air strikes.
In a separate development, two policemen were injured when militants attacked a police van with a remote-controlled bomb in the restive Hangu district of Khyber-Pakhthunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional