Air strikes kill 18 Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: Eighteen Taliban militants and two women were killed on Sunday in air strikes and clashes in the Orakzai and Bajaur tribal regions and the Swat valley in Pakistan`s restive northwest, security officials said.
A vehicle and four militant hideouts were destroyed in air strikes by helicopter gunships at Saifal Darra in Orakzai Agency.
At least 12 militants were killed and eight injured in the bombardment, officials said.
In the Bajaur Agency, three militants and two women were killed when the gunships targeted Tob Mandal, Markhundai and other suburban areas of Salarzai sub-division.
In the Swat valley, three militants were killed in a gun battle with security forces.
The clash began when militants attacked a patrol at Bakro Sar in Matta sub-division.
However, Taliban spokesman Hafiz Saeed denied that any militants had been killed in the air strikes in Bajaur and Orakzai regions.
The security forces have claimed to have killed 63 hardcore militants and injured 47 others in air strikes over the past week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata