Air strikes kill 45 militants in tribal region in Pakistan
Peshawar: Pakistani security forces Wednesday claimed to have killed 45 pro-Taliban militants, including potential suicide bombers, in air strikes during a massive operation in the volatile northwestern Khyber tribal region.
The airstrikes were carried out in Nari Baba, Nakai, Takhta Kai and Qilla areas of Tirah valley, sources said.
Official sources said among the militants were those
who were preparing to carry out suicide attacks before the
Eid-ul-Fitr festival next month.
The sources said the militants were planning to carry
out massive suicide attacks in Peshawar and other parts of
The operation was launched against members of the
banned Lashkar-e-Islam and local Taliban in parts of the
remote Tirah valley located close to the Afghan border.
Troops claimed to have destroyed scores of training
centres and hideouts, several illegal FM radio stations and
eight vehicles prepared for suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures
- PDP, Centre not on same page, meet between Mehbooba Mufti and PM Modi critical: Defence expert
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, hits out at Pakistan for openly fuelling tension in Valley