Air strikes kill 45 militants in tribal region in Pakistan
Peshawar: Pakistani security forces Wednesday claimed to have killed 45 pro-Taliban militants, including potential suicide bombers, in air strikes during a massive operation in the volatile northwestern Khyber tribal region.
The airstrikes were carried out in Nari Baba, Nakai, Takhta Kai and Qilla areas of Tirah valley, sources said.
Official sources said among the militants were those
who were preparing to carry out suicide attacks before the
Eid-ul-Fitr festival next month.
The sources said the militants were planning to carry
out massive suicide attacks in Peshawar and other parts of
The operation was launched against members of the
banned Lashkar-e-Islam and local Taliban in parts of the
remote Tirah valley located close to the Afghan border.
Troops claimed to have destroyed scores of training
centres and hideouts, several illegal FM radio stations and
eight vehicles prepared for suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read