Air strikes kill 45 militants in tribal region in Pakistan
Peshawar: Pakistani security forces Wednesday claimed to have killed 45 pro-Taliban militants, including potential suicide bombers, in air strikes during a massive operation in the volatile northwestern Khyber tribal region.
The airstrikes were carried out in Nari Baba, Nakai, Takhta Kai and Qilla areas of Tirah valley, sources said.
Official sources said among the militants were those
who were preparing to carry out suicide attacks before the
Eid-ul-Fitr festival next month.
The sources said the militants were planning to carry
out massive suicide attacks in Peshawar and other parts of
The operation was launched against members of the
banned Lashkar-e-Islam and local Taliban in parts of the
remote Tirah valley located close to the Afghan border.
Troops claimed to have destroyed scores of training
centres and hideouts, several illegal FM radio stations and
eight vehicles prepared for suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested