Airstrikes kill 14 insurgents in Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says airstrikes have killed 14 insurgents in central Afghanistan.
The military alliance said in a statement on Monday that the air power was used after a joint NATO-Afghan patrol came under small arms and machine-gun fire from militants. It happened on Sunday while the patrol was crossing a river in the central Uruzgan province.
NATO said troops requested air support after concluding there was no danger of civilian casualties. NATO aircraft targeted the insurgents in three raids with precision-guided ammunition.
NATO said initial reports indicated no civilian casualties occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!