Airstrikes kill 14 insurgents in Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says airstrikes have killed 14 insurgents in central Afghanistan.
The military alliance said in a statement on Monday that the air power was used after a joint NATO-Afghan patrol came under small arms and machine-gun fire from militants. It happened on Sunday while the patrol was crossing a river in the central Uruzgan province.
NATO said troops requested air support after concluding there was no danger of civilian casualties. NATO aircraft targeted the insurgents in three raids with precision-guided ammunition.
NATO said initial reports indicated no civilian casualties occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend