Airstrikes kill 14 insurgents in Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says airstrikes have killed 14 insurgents in central Afghanistan.
The military alliance said in a statement on Monday that the air power was used after a joint NATO-Afghan patrol came under small arms and machine-gun fire from militants. It happened on Sunday while the patrol was crossing a river in the central Uruzgan province.
NATO said troops requested air support after concluding there was no danger of civilian casualties. NATO aircraft targeted the insurgents in three raids with precision-guided ammunition.
NATO said initial reports indicated no civilian casualties occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept