Airstrikes kill 14 insurgents in Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says airstrikes have killed 14 insurgents in central Afghanistan.
The military alliance said in a statement on Monday that the air power was used after a joint NATO-Afghan patrol came under small arms and machine-gun fire from militants. It happened on Sunday while the patrol was crossing a river in the central Uruzgan province.
NATO said troops requested air support after concluding there was no danger of civilian casualties. NATO aircraft targeted the insurgents in three raids with precision-guided ammunition.
NATO said initial reports indicated no civilian casualties occurred.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living