Airstrikes kill 14 insurgents in Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says airstrikes have killed 14 insurgents in central Afghanistan.
The military alliance said in a statement on Monday that the air power was used after a joint NATO-Afghan patrol came under small arms and machine-gun fire from militants. It happened on Sunday while the patrol was crossing a river in the central Uruzgan province.
NATO said troops requested air support after concluding there was no danger of civilian casualties. NATO aircraft targeted the insurgents in three raids with precision-guided ammunition.
NATO said initial reports indicated no civilian casualties occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH