Ajmer shrine receives Zardari`s $1 mn donation
Ajmer: Four months after visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari announced USD 1 million donation for Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti`s shrine here, the shrine authorities finally received the money from a Pakistan delegation on Friday evening, shrine officials said.
The money was paid by a delegation of Pakistan High Commission at a government circuit house in the town, some 150 km from Jaipur, they added.
Zardari had offered prayers at the revered shrine in Ajmer on April 08 and announced the donation.
He was accompanied by his son Bilawal, who had earlier visited the shrine in 2003. The shrine`s administrators had described the donation as one of the biggest in recent years.
A six member-team of Pakistan High Commission had arrived at Ajmer on Friday morning, a member of the shrine`s Anjuman committee, which comprises khadims (servitors) of the dargah, told a news agency.
"A closed door meeting between members of the Pakistan delegation and Anjuman committee was held for three hours. There was some dispute among the shrine authorities about distribution of the money among various committees involved in shrine`s regular affairs," a source said.
However, the issue was resolved and the money was handed over to the shrine authorities in the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!