Al-Qaeda says Pak offensive in tribal areas is "doomed"
Dubai: Osama bin Laden`s deputy
Ayman-al-Zawahri on Friday said that Pakistan military`s offensive
in the Swat valley was "doomed to failure" and described it as
part of "US crusade" to divide the Islamic country.
In a message posted on Islamic websites Zawahri, who
is the second in command of al-Qaeda has urged the Pakistanis
to support Taliban forces.
Though, the tape quoted by Al Jazeera is 48-minute
long it fails to make any mention of slaying of Pakistan
Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud or his succession by Hakimullah
The silence of the al Qaeda`s deputy leader to make
any mention of recent killing of Baitullah and some other top
militant commanders is significant as according to US agencies
Zawahri and his Chief Osama bin Laden are suspected to be
hiding in South Waziristan, where Pakistani forces and armour
are poised to strike any time.
"The war in tribal areas and Swat valley is an
integral part of the crusades on Muslims across the world,"
Zawahri said in the tape posted on the Qaeda linked website.
In the video, Zawahri says Pakistani offensive code
named "Path of Salvation" is "turning into the path of doom."
"There is no honour for us except through Jihad,"
"People of Pakistan...back the Jihad and Taliban," the
Egyptian said. However, he made no mention of any role al
Qaeda played in the succession process in Tehrik-e-Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!