Al Qaeda, Taliban may be helping Gaza militants: Report
Jerusalem: Israel suspects that Taliban
and other al Qaeda inspired militant groups may be helping
Gaza based militants in roadside bomb making given the
startling similarities in the method of assembling the
explosives, a media report has said.
Tests conducted by the technology department of the
Israel Defence Forces (IDF) Ground Forces Command has revealed
that the bombs being used by Gaza militants are very similar
to the improvised explosive devices used against the US and
British forces by militants in Iraq and Afghanistan, such as
the Taliban, Ha`aretz online reported.
"It is clear to us that these explosive devices came
from the same school," a senior Ground Forces Command officer
was quoted by the news portal as saying.
Israeli Army has found that the assembly of the
roadside bombs and its effectiveness has significantly
improved, as they contained substances which had not been used
before in such devices in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Among the substances discovered in the bombs was
tungsten, a metal that can improve the ability of the devices
to penetrate armoured vehicles, the report said.
The IDF has reportedly consulted representatives of
the US and British Army on the matter. The Army believes that
explosives experts who entered Gaza from Egypt through
smuggling tunnels are responsible for the bombs.
Most of the attacks on Israeli targets recently have
been carried out by the Islamic Jihad militant group or other
organisations inspired by al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy