‘Alarming rise in terrorism, crime in Balochistan’
Islamabad: Terrorism and criminal activities have risen to an alarming rate in the restive province of Balochistan, the Frontier Corps Inspector General has said.
Major General Ubaidullah Khatak said that in 2012, 1157 incidents have occurred, including the killing of 500 people and injuring of 1500, reports The News.
Khatak said all efforts would be made to maintain peace in the province and apart from their usual duties commandants should cooperate with the provincial government and the administration so the law and order situation can be improved.
He instructed the commandants that while taking action against the criminals, the law-abiding citizens must be dealt with respect so they feel safe and secure.
Khatak further said the civil society and other institutions should cooperate with the FC to make Balochistan a peaceful and an exemplary province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’