Albania offers arms and ammunition to Afghan authorities
Tirana: Albania on Wednesday decided to offer arms and ammunition to Afghan authorities, contributing to the international community`s efforts there, officials said.
"Albania will offer for free some 30,000 automatic weapons as well as some 50 million pieces of ammunition to the Afghan police," the government said in a statement.
Albania became a member of NATO in April 2008 and has a 306-soldier contingent serving with the international mission tackling Taliban and other militants in Afghanistan.
Albanian Army units have served within the European Union forces in Bosnia, as well as in other NATO peace missions in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam