Albania offers arms and ammunition to Afghan authorities
Tirana: Albania on Wednesday decided to offer arms and ammunition to Afghan authorities, contributing to the international community`s efforts there, officials said.
"Albania will offer for free some 30,000 automatic weapons as well as some 50 million pieces of ammunition to the Afghan police," the government said in a statement.
Albania became a member of NATO in April 2008 and has a 306-soldier contingent serving with the international mission tackling Taliban and other militants in Afghanistan.
Albanian Army units have served within the European Union forces in Bosnia, as well as in other NATO peace missions in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC