All options open to get Mullah Omar: Kerry
Washington: The US will consider "all options" if it has intelligence that the elusive Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar was hiding in Pakistan, Senator John Kerry has said.
Kerry, chairman of the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee, who is visiting Afghanistan and Pakistan to patch up relations following the US killing of Osama bin Laden, said the United States wants Pakistan to be a real ally in combating terrorism, media reports said.
"We believe there are things that can be done better," he said during a visit to Mazar-i-Sharif.
When he was asked if the United States would be putting more pressure on Pakistan after bin Laden was tracked down there, and whether it would conduct similar raids to get Taliban leader Mullah Omar, who could be hiding in Pakistan as well, Kerry said "It`s a legitimate question and it`s certainly a question that`s on the minds of every American and lots of other people in the world."
He said that the US would "always reserve all of its options to be able to protect our people".
Pakistan`s Parliament has called for a review of the country`s relationship with the US over the American commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Pakistani officials have denied that they knew that the world`s most-wanted terrorist was hiding for years in the northwest garrison city of Abbottabad. They are angry at US officials for not alerting them to plans for the May 02 raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand