Alleged blasphemer in Pak ‘burnt to death’ by mob in front of police
Islamabad: A Pakistani man has reportedly been burnt to death by a mob for allegedly desecrating the Quran in a village in Dadu district of Sindh.
The alarming fact in the appalling incident of mob justice was that the man was lynched right in front of the police inside the local police station.
According to the Express Tribune, the man was accused of burning copies of the Quran at Memon mosque in Seeta village.
According to the prayer leader of the mosque, Usman Memon, the man appeared to be a traveller who stayed at the mosque for a night.
“He offered Isha prayers [on Thursday] and spent the night here. When we [worshippers] came to the mosque for Fajr prayers, we found charred copies of the Holy Quran,” the paper quoted Memon, as saying.
According to the paper, the worshippers suspected the unidentified lodger was responsible for the desecration since he was alone at the mosque.
“We handed him over to the Rajo Dero police and lodged an FIR against him,” Memon said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter