America stands with you, Hillary tells Pakistan
Washington: Sending best wishes to the people of Pakistan on occasion of their National Day, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Friday said that the US stands with the country, noting that the two nations have a rich history of cooperation.
"We are committed to continuing this engagement and support as both of our nations work to build peace and prosperity in Pakistan and the region," Hillary said in a statement.
"On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of Pakistan as you celebrate the 65th anniversary of the signing of the Lahore Resolution, which laid the foundation for the creation of Pakistan," she said.
"From the Tarbela Dam project that has helped light Pakistan`s growing cities and power its industries, to the founding of the Lahore University of Management Sciences and Karachi’s Institute for Business Administration that have educated so many of your leaders, to the thousands of Pakistanis who were helped by US and Pakistani forces after the devastating earthquake of 2005 and during the floods of 2010 and 2011, Pakistan and the United States have a rich history of cooperation," she said.
The United States, she said, appreciates the work “political leaders, teachers, bloggers, Muslim and minority religious leaders, gender activists, business leaders, and journalists” are doing to promote peace and tolerance.
"As you celebrate this special day with family, friends and loved ones, know that the people of the United States stand with you and we look forward to strengthening our friendship even more in the years to come," Hillary said in her statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users