American arrested in Pakistan for overstaying
Islamabad: An American national has been arrested from his residence in the Pakistani capital for overstaying after the expiry of his visa, police said on Saturday.
Mathew Craig came to Pakistan two years ago on a multiple-entry business visa that expired two months ago.
Police raided his home yesterday and took him into custody, officials said.
He was put in the lock-up at Golra police station after a case was registered against him under the Foreigners Act. He would later be produced in court, the officials said.
Craig, who is married to a Pakistani woman, was supposed to leave Pakistan by June 04.
He had stayed for some months in Abbottabad, the garrison city where Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces on May 02.
The American had been under observation by intelligence agencies for some months and had recently changed his residence, a media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31