American arrested in Pakistan for overstaying
Islamabad: An American national has been arrested from his residence in the Pakistani capital for overstaying after the expiry of his visa, police said on Saturday.
Mathew Craig came to Pakistan two years ago on a multiple-entry business visa that expired two months ago.
Police raided his home yesterday and took him into custody, officials said.
He was put in the lock-up at Golra police station after a case was registered against him under the Foreigners Act. He would later be produced in court, the officials said.
Craig, who is married to a Pakistani woman, was supposed to leave Pakistan by June 04.
He had stayed for some months in Abbottabad, the garrison city where Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces on May 02.
The American had been under observation by intelligence agencies for some months and had recently changed his residence, a media report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested