American fighter jets intrude into Pakistani airspace
Peshawar: US fighter jets were today seen
flying over Pakistan`s restive Mohmand tribal region bordering
Afghanistan for almost two hours, local residents and
The jets, which were flying at low altitude, intruded
almost 50 km into Pakistani airspace.
They were seen flying over Soran Darra, Ghanam Shah,
Shaikh Baba, Matai and Khazeena Chinari, which are located
west of Ghalanai, the main town of Mohmand Agency.
Officials of the local political administration also
confirmed the intrusion by the US jets.
Local residents said the aircraft flew across the
Afghan border at around 8 am and remained in Pakistani
airspace for almost two hours.
The tribesmen protested against the intrusion by the
US fighters, saying international norms do not allow aircraft
of a foreign country to fly over an independent nation without
Tribal elders asked the government to take up the
matter with the UN and vowed to defend Pakistan against "any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you