American fighter jets intrude into Pakistani airspace
Peshawar: US fighter jets were today seen
flying over Pakistan`s restive Mohmand tribal region bordering
Afghanistan for almost two hours, local residents and
The jets, which were flying at low altitude, intruded
almost 50 km into Pakistani airspace.
They were seen flying over Soran Darra, Ghanam Shah,
Shaikh Baba, Matai and Khazeena Chinari, which are located
west of Ghalanai, the main town of Mohmand Agency.
Officials of the local political administration also
confirmed the intrusion by the US jets.
Local residents said the aircraft flew across the
Afghan border at around 8 am and remained in Pakistani
airspace for almost two hours.
The tribesmen protested against the intrusion by the
US fighters, saying international norms do not allow aircraft
of a foreign country to fly over an independent nation without
Tribal elders asked the government to take up the
matter with the UN and vowed to defend Pakistan against "any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly