American held for carrying bullets in Lahore
Lahore: A 70-year-old US national has been arrested at the international airport here after a cache of cartridges was found in his possession, a media report said.
Gary George William was arrested Thursday at the Allama Iqbal international airport after airport personnel recovered 30 cartridges from his luggage.
William was on his way to London on PIA flight 203, Online news agency reported.
Security officials demanded a permission letter for the cartridges from William but he could not provide one. He was then arrested and handed over to the police.
William is a former principal of a missionary school in Sahiwal, 380 km from Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'