American national detained in Peshawar
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence operatives here detained a foreigner, believed to be an American national, apparently as he did not possess travel
The suspicious man was taken to an undisclosed location for interrogation, official sources said.
Identified as Eran de Haven, the man is believed to be an American, the sources said.
He was detained in the posh University Town area of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police officials were tight-lipped on the matter and refused to comment.
TV news channels reported that the foreigner was detained as he did not possess travel documents and was acting in a suspicious manner.
The development came at a time when US-Pakistan relations have plunged to a new low over the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis after he shot and killed two armed men in Lahore last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price