American national detained in Peshawar
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence operatives here detained a foreigner, believed to be an American national, apparently as he did not possess travel
The suspicious man was taken to an undisclosed location for interrogation, official sources said.
Identified as Eran de Haven, the man is believed to be an American, the sources said.
He was detained in the posh University Town area of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police officials were tight-lipped on the matter and refused to comment.
TV news channels reported that the foreigner was detained as he did not possess travel documents and was acting in a suspicious manner.
The development came at a time when US-Pakistan relations have plunged to a new low over the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis after he shot and killed two armed men in Lahore last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported