American national detained in Peshawar
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence operatives here detained a foreigner, believed to be an American national, apparently as he did not possess travel
The suspicious man was taken to an undisclosed location for interrogation, official sources said.
Identified as Eran de Haven, the man is believed to be an American, the sources said.
He was detained in the posh University Town area of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police officials were tight-lipped on the matter and refused to comment.
TV news channels reported that the foreigner was detained as he did not possess travel documents and was acting in a suspicious manner.
The development came at a time when US-Pakistan relations have plunged to a new low over the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis after he shot and killed two armed men in Lahore last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon