American national detained in Peshawar
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence operatives here detained a foreigner, believed to be an American national, apparently as he did not possess travel
The suspicious man was taken to an undisclosed location for interrogation, official sources said.
Identified as Eran de Haven, the man is believed to be an American, the sources said.
He was detained in the posh University Town area of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police officials were tight-lipped on the matter and refused to comment.
TV news channels reported that the foreigner was detained as he did not possess travel documents and was acting in a suspicious manner.
The development came at a time when US-Pakistan relations have plunged to a new low over the arrest of CIA contractor Raymond Davis after he shot and killed two armed men in Lahore last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living