Anna has many fans in Pakistan: Activist
New Delhi: He is battling corruption in India, but Anna Hazare has gained many fans in Pakistan.
So says Zohra Yusuf, 61, the new chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan who is on a private visit to India.
"Corruption, of course, is a big issue and successive governments in Pakistan have been corrupt.
"But I think there are bigger issues in Pakistan. The bigger issue is of governance and ...this level of intolerance in society that is deeply disturbing," Yusuf told IANS.
She said Hazare had a lot of fans in Pakistan.
"The common people feel that if corruption is tackled, their lives will be better. There is corruption not only at the government level but at the private sector as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security