Anna has many fans in Pakistan: Activist
New Delhi: He is battling corruption in India, but Anna Hazare has gained many fans in Pakistan.
So says Zohra Yusuf, 61, the new chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan who is on a private visit to India.
"Corruption, of course, is a big issue and successive governments in Pakistan have been corrupt.
"But I think there are bigger issues in Pakistan. The bigger issue is of governance and ...this level of intolerance in society that is deeply disturbing," Yusuf told IANS.
She said Hazare had a lot of fans in Pakistan.
"The common people feel that if corruption is tackled, their lives will be better. There is corruption not only at the government level but at the private sector as well."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India