Anna has many fans in Pakistan: Activist
New Delhi: He is battling corruption in India, but Anna Hazare has gained many fans in Pakistan.
So says Zohra Yusuf, 61, the new chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan who is on a private visit to India.
"Corruption, of course, is a big issue and successive governments in Pakistan have been corrupt.
"But I think there are bigger issues in Pakistan. The bigger issue is of governance and ...this level of intolerance in society that is deeply disturbing," Yusuf told IANS.
She said Hazare had a lot of fans in Pakistan.
"The common people feel that if corruption is tackled, their lives will be better. There is corruption not only at the government level but at the private sector as well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing