Anonymous messages threaten to blow up Bangladesh court building
Dhaka: Mobile phone messages sent by anonymous callers on Thursday threatened to blow up the century-old court building and the press club in Bangladesh`s south-eastern port city of Chittagong, prompting an immediate security alert, officials and witnesses said.
Elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and police rushed to the two important establishments after press club president Abu Sufiyan and several other journalists received the message early today.
"Chittagong Press Club and Chittagong court building... time bomb and remote control bomb... 10 am and 2 pm on 12-11-2009. Try to save...," Sufiyan read out the message. Meanwhile, police said they have extensively searched the two complexes but were yet to find any devise, which suggested that the message could be a hoax.
"The cell phone used for sending the threat message was found switched off," a police officer said.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception