Anonymous messages threaten to blow up Bangladesh court building
Dhaka: Mobile phone messages sent by anonymous callers on Thursday threatened to blow up the century-old court building and the press club in Bangladesh`s south-eastern port city of Chittagong, prompting an immediate security alert, officials and witnesses said.
Elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and police rushed to the two important establishments after press club president Abu Sufiyan and several other journalists received the message early today.
"Chittagong Press Club and Chittagong court building... time bomb and remote control bomb... 10 am and 2 pm on 12-11-2009. Try to save...," Sufiyan read out the message. Meanwhile, police said they have extensively searched the two complexes but were yet to find any devise, which suggested that the message could be a hoax.
"The cell phone used for sending the threat message was found switched off," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'