Anonymous messages threaten to blow up Bangladesh court building
Dhaka: Mobile phone messages sent by anonymous callers on Thursday threatened to blow up the century-old court building and the press club in Bangladesh`s south-eastern port city of Chittagong, prompting an immediate security alert, officials and witnesses said.
Elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and police rushed to the two important establishments after press club president Abu Sufiyan and several other journalists received the message early today.
"Chittagong Press Club and Chittagong court building... time bomb and remote control bomb... 10 am and 2 pm on 12-11-2009. Try to save...," Sufiyan read out the message. Meanwhile, police said they have extensively searched the two complexes but were yet to find any devise, which suggested that the message could be a hoax.
"The cell phone used for sending the threat message was found switched off," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Impressed' Kriti Sanon lauds 'Udta Punjab'
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Anil Kumble or Ravi Shastri: Did BCCI ask Virat Kohli to pick one between the two as India's next coach?
- MP cop posts obscene content on WhatsApp group — Know what happened after that
- Impressive youngsters made an impact on this successful tour: Sanjay Bangar