Anonymous messages threaten to blow up Bangladesh court building
Dhaka: Mobile phone messages sent by anonymous callers on Thursday threatened to blow up the century-old court building and the press club in Bangladesh`s south-eastern port city of Chittagong, prompting an immediate security alert, officials and witnesses said.
Elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and police rushed to the two important establishments after press club president Abu Sufiyan and several other journalists received the message early today.
"Chittagong Press Club and Chittagong court building... time bomb and remote control bomb... 10 am and 2 pm on 12-11-2009. Try to save...," Sufiyan read out the message. Meanwhile, police said they have extensively searched the two complexes but were yet to find any devise, which suggested that the message could be a hoax.
"The cell phone used for sending the threat message was found switched off," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review