Anonymous messages threaten to blow up Bangladesh court building
Dhaka: Mobile phone messages sent by anonymous callers on Thursday threatened to blow up the century-old court building and the press club in Bangladesh`s south-eastern port city of Chittagong, prompting an immediate security alert, officials and witnesses said.
Elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and police rushed to the two important establishments after press club president Abu Sufiyan and several other journalists received the message early today.
"Chittagong Press Club and Chittagong court building... time bomb and remote control bomb... 10 am and 2 pm on 12-11-2009. Try to save...," Sufiyan read out the message. Meanwhile, police said they have extensively searched the two complexes but were yet to find any devise, which suggested that the message could be a hoax.
"The cell phone used for sending the threat message was found switched off," a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM