Another bus disaster in Nepal, 9 dead
Kathmandu: In the second road disaster in two days, a bus on Monday veered off a highway and plunged into a river in Nepal, killing at least nine people.
In the disaster that injured 18 people, the bus rolled some 100 meters (330 feet) from the highway and plunged in the Trishuli river about 80 kilometres (50 miles) west of Kathmandu, the capital.
Six bodies were pulled from the wreckage and three people died on the way to the hospital. Rescuers continued searching the swollen river for passengers. It was not clear how many people had been on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause.
At least 39 people were killed on Sunday in another bus accident in Nepal, where roads and vehicles are often poorly maintained.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH