Another bus disaster in Nepal, 9 dead
Kathmandu: In the second road disaster in two days, a bus on Monday veered off a highway and plunged into a river in Nepal, killing at least nine people.
In the disaster that injured 18 people, the bus rolled some 100 meters (330 feet) from the highway and plunged in the Trishuli river about 80 kilometres (50 miles) west of Kathmandu, the capital.
Six bodies were pulled from the wreckage and three people died on the way to the hospital. Rescuers continued searching the swollen river for passengers. It was not clear how many people had been on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause.
At least 39 people were killed on Sunday in another bus accident in Nepal, where roads and vehicles are often poorly maintained.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking