Another bus disaster in Nepal, 9 dead
Kathmandu: In the second road disaster in two days, a bus on Monday veered off a highway and plunged into a river in Nepal, killing at least nine people.
In the disaster that injured 18 people, the bus rolled some 100 meters (330 feet) from the highway and plunged in the Trishuli river about 80 kilometres (50 miles) west of Kathmandu, the capital.
Six bodies were pulled from the wreckage and three people died on the way to the hospital. Rescuers continued searching the swollen river for passengers. It was not clear how many people had been on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause.
At least 39 people were killed on Sunday in another bus accident in Nepal, where roads and vehicles are often poorly maintained.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital