Another bus disaster in Nepal, 9 dead
Kathmandu: In the second road disaster in two days, a bus on Monday veered off a highway and plunged into a river in Nepal, killing at least nine people.
In the disaster that injured 18 people, the bus rolled some 100 meters (330 feet) from the highway and plunged in the Trishuli river about 80 kilometres (50 miles) west of Kathmandu, the capital.
Six bodies were pulled from the wreckage and three people died on the way to the hospital. Rescuers continued searching the swollen river for passengers. It was not clear how many people had been on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause.
At least 39 people were killed on Sunday in another bus accident in Nepal, where roads and vehicles are often poorly maintained.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31