Another bus disaster in Nepal, 9 dead
Kathmandu: In the second road disaster in two days, a bus on Monday veered off a highway and plunged into a river in Nepal, killing at least nine people.
In the disaster that injured 18 people, the bus rolled some 100 meters (330 feet) from the highway and plunged in the Trishuli river about 80 kilometres (50 miles) west of Kathmandu, the capital.
Six bodies were pulled from the wreckage and three people died on the way to the hospital. Rescuers continued searching the swollen river for passengers. It was not clear how many people had been on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause.
At least 39 people were killed on Sunday in another bus accident in Nepal, where roads and vehicles are often poorly maintained.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani