ANP leader, bodyguard killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A leader of the Awami National Party and his bodyguard were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The gunmen attacked ANP leader Malik Yaqoob`s car at Nowshera in the North West Frontier Province.
Yaqoob and his bodyguard were killed on the spot, police said. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Over the past year, the Taliban have frequently targeted leaders and workers of the ANP, which rules the NWFP and is part of the ruling coalition at the centre.
The ANP has strongly backed the military operations against the Taliban and ruled out the possibility of holding talks with militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog