ANP leader, bodyguard killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A leader of the Awami National Party and his bodyguard were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The gunmen attacked ANP leader Malik Yaqoob`s car at Nowshera in the North West Frontier Province.
Yaqoob and his bodyguard were killed on the spot, police said. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Over the past year, the Taliban have frequently targeted leaders and workers of the ANP, which rules the NWFP and is part of the ruling coalition at the centre.
The ANP has strongly backed the military operations against the Taliban and ruled out the possibility of holding talks with militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui