ANP leader, bodyguard killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A leader of the Awami National Party and his bodyguard were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in northwest Pakistan on Monday, police said.
The gunmen attacked ANP leader Malik Yaqoob`s car at Nowshera in the North West Frontier Province.
Yaqoob and his bodyguard were killed on the spot, police said. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Over the past year, the Taliban have frequently targeted leaders and workers of the ANP, which rules the NWFP and is part of the ruling coalition at the centre.
The ANP has strongly backed the military operations against the Taliban and ruled out the possibility of holding talks with militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!