ANP leader kidnapped in Pak`s Balochistan
Islamabad: A senior leader of the Awami National Party (ANP) was today kidnapped by unidentified persons from the restive Quetta in Pakistan`s Balochistan province.
ANP`s provincial president Arbab Abdul Zahir Kasi was travelling in his car when three unidentified people stopped his vehicle and took him away.
Police have taken into custody his driver, who told them that they were passing by Patel Road, when three armed persons in a white colour car stopped them and forcefully took away the leader.
The driver also said the accused had roughed him up and snatched away his mobile and car key.
Police have cordoned off the area and have launched a search operation.
Balochistan, the most deprived province of the country, is a flashpoint for a separatist insurgency and sectarian violence since 2004.
The insurgency, however, became deadlier following the killing of Jamhoori Watan Party leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in a military operation in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know