ANP leader shot dead in Balochistan
Islamabad: An Awami National Party leader and his associate were gunned down and another person was injured in an attack by suspected militants in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Sunday.
Armed men fired at Mustafa Khan, the head of the ANP unit in Killi Karbala area of Pishin district, police officials said.
Khan and his companion Muhammad Naqibullah were killed instantly while another man named Muhammad Khan was injured.
The attackers escaped after the shooting.
Local tribesmen took the injured man to a hospital in Quetta, the capital of the province.
Police launched a search operation but were unable to trace the killers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The banned Pakistani Taliban, which is active in Balochistan, has threatened it will target ANP leaders and workers in the run up to the May 11 General Election.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill