Anti-Islam film: Ex-Pak lawmaker offers bounty of $ 200,000
Islamabad: A former Pakistani lawmaker on Monday offered a USD 200,000 bounty for anyone who kills the maker of an anti-Islam film during a protest against the movie in Peshawar, days after a federal minister announced a reward of USD 100,000 for eliminating the person behind the video.
Ikramullah Shahid, a leader of a faction of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, made the offer before a crowd of 15,000 people during a during a rally led by the Defa-e-Pakistan Council.
Shahid is a member of the grouping that includes hardline religious and extremist groups like the Jamaat-ud-Dawah and Sipah-e-Sahaba.
His offer of a bounty came days after Railway Minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour announced a reward of USD 100,000 for the maker of the anti-Islam film.
There have been protests against the film across Pakistan and 23 people were killed during demonstrations on September 21.
Bilour has refused to withdraw the bounty even after the government and his Awami National Party distanced themselves from his actions.
The Defa-e-Pakistan Council`s `Hurmat-e-Rasool` rally started from Ring Road and culminated at Bab-e-Khyber in Jamrud area of Khyber tribal region.
The rally was led by the Council`s chairman Saim-ul-Haq and Jamaat-e-Islami chief Munawar Hassan.
Several speakers condemned the movie, saying it hurt the sentiments of Muslims around the world.
They demanded "exemplary punishment" for its makers.
The speakers vowed to continue their protests till the film`s makers are punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city