Anti-Islam film: Ex-Pak lawmaker offers bounty of $ 200,000
Islamabad: A former Pakistani lawmaker on Monday offered a USD 200,000 bounty for anyone who kills the maker of an anti-Islam film during a protest against the movie in Peshawar, days after a federal minister announced a reward of USD 100,000 for eliminating the person behind the video.
Ikramullah Shahid, a leader of a faction of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, made the offer before a crowd of 15,000 people during a during a rally led by the Defa-e-Pakistan Council.
Shahid is a member of the grouping that includes hardline religious and extremist groups like the Jamaat-ud-Dawah and Sipah-e-Sahaba.
His offer of a bounty came days after Railway Minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour announced a reward of USD 100,000 for the maker of the anti-Islam film.
There have been protests against the film across Pakistan and 23 people were killed during demonstrations on September 21.
Bilour has refused to withdraw the bounty even after the government and his Awami National Party distanced themselves from his actions.
The Defa-e-Pakistan Council`s `Hurmat-e-Rasool` rally started from Ring Road and culminated at Bab-e-Khyber in Jamrud area of Khyber tribal region.
The rally was led by the Council`s chairman Saim-ul-Haq and Jamaat-e-Islami chief Munawar Hassan.
Several speakers condemned the movie, saying it hurt the sentiments of Muslims around the world.
They demanded "exemplary punishment" for its makers.
The speakers vowed to continue their protests till the film`s makers are punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'