Anti-Islam film: Ex-Pak lawmaker offers bounty of $ 200,000
Islamabad: A former Pakistani lawmaker on Monday offered a USD 200,000 bounty for anyone who kills the maker of an anti-Islam film during a protest against the movie in Peshawar, days after a federal minister announced a reward of USD 100,000 for eliminating the person behind the video.
Ikramullah Shahid, a leader of a faction of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, made the offer before a crowd of 15,000 people during a during a rally led by the Defa-e-Pakistan Council.
Shahid is a member of the grouping that includes hardline religious and extremist groups like the Jamaat-ud-Dawah and Sipah-e-Sahaba.
His offer of a bounty came days after Railway Minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour announced a reward of USD 100,000 for the maker of the anti-Islam film.
There have been protests against the film across Pakistan and 23 people were killed during demonstrations on September 21.
Bilour has refused to withdraw the bounty even after the government and his Awami National Party distanced themselves from his actions.
The Defa-e-Pakistan Council`s `Hurmat-e-Rasool` rally started from Ring Road and culminated at Bab-e-Khyber in Jamrud area of Khyber tribal region.
The rally was led by the Council`s chairman Saim-ul-Haq and Jamaat-e-Islami chief Munawar Hassan.
Several speakers condemned the movie, saying it hurt the sentiments of Muslims around the world.
They demanded "exemplary punishment" for its makers.
The speakers vowed to continue their protests till the film`s makers are punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview