Anti-polio campaign in Pakistan hit by bomb, 7 killed
Peshawar: At least seven people, including four policemen, were killed today when a bomb targeted a police vehicle providing security to an anti-polio programme at the outskirts of Peshawar district in northwest Pakistan.
The incident occurred in Suleman Khel area, a suburban rural locality here in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The injured have been shifted to the city hospital, some 20 kilometres away from the scene of incident.
Sources said that the bomb disposal squad has been called and the area has been cleared of the people fearing another unexploded bomb over there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH