Anti-polio campaign in Pakistan hit by bomb, 7 killed
Peshawar: At least seven people, including four policemen, were killed today when a bomb targeted a police vehicle providing security to an anti-polio programme at the outskirts of Peshawar district in northwest Pakistan.
The incident occurred in Suleman Khel area, a suburban rural locality here in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The injured have been shifted to the city hospital, some 20 kilometres away from the scene of incident.
Sources said that the bomb disposal squad has been called and the area has been cleared of the people fearing another unexploded bomb over there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers