Anti-polio woman worker kidnapped by armed men, body recovered
Peshawar: The police on Monday recovered the body of an anti-polio woman health worker who was kidnapped by some armed men from this northwestern city late last night.
The health worker, identified as Salma Farooq, was found dead in Koh-e-Daman village with torture marks on her body.
She was kidnapped from her house in Guluzai village, a suburban locality of Peshawar district.
Police said around eight armed men had entered the house of Farooq, held the family hostage at gunpoint and took the woman away with them.
Enraged family members and neighbours had protested against the kidnapping and blocked the Peshawar-Islamabad motorway near Chamkani for about an hour today.
The protesters dispersed when police assured them that they will try their best to locate Farooq.
The demonstrators had given two days time to police to recover the kidnapped health worker.
The family members had feared that Farooq was kidnapped because of her involvement in the polio campaign and that she had no enmity with anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof