Anti-polio woman worker kidnapped by armed men, body recovered
Peshawar: The police on Monday recovered the body of an anti-polio woman health worker who was kidnapped by some armed men from this northwestern city late last night.
The health worker, identified as Salma Farooq, was found dead in Koh-e-Daman village with torture marks on her body.
She was kidnapped from her house in Guluzai village, a suburban locality of Peshawar district.
Police said around eight armed men had entered the house of Farooq, held the family hostage at gunpoint and took the woman away with them.
Enraged family members and neighbours had protested against the kidnapping and blocked the Peshawar-Islamabad motorway near Chamkani for about an hour today.
The protesters dispersed when police assured them that they will try their best to locate Farooq.
The demonstrators had given two days time to police to recover the kidnapped health worker.
The family members had feared that Farooq was kidnapped because of her involvement in the polio campaign and that she had no enmity with anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason