Anti-Taliban leader killed in Pak bomb attack
Islamabad: An anti-Taliban tribal leader
was killed and three others were injured today when militants
targeted them with a bomb in Pakistan’s lawless tribal belt
The remote-controlled bomb went off when Malik Shah
Pur, the leader of a `lashkar` or tribal militia, was
exchanging greetings after Eid prayers at a mosque in Badan,
located 18-km from Khar, the headquarters of Bajaur Agency.
Malik Shah Pur was killed instantly, local
administration officials said.
The three injured persons were taken to a nearby
hospital and doctors said they were out of danger.
Security personnel cordoned off the area after the
blast and launched a search for the attackers.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Pakistani Taliban have killed several
pro-government leaders in the tribal areas in suicide attacks
and bombings over the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown