Anti-Taliban militia repulses attack; 3 killed
Islamabad: Three militants were killed as
members of an anti-Taliban militia repulsed an attack on the
home of their leader on the outskirts of Peshawar city in
northwest Pakistan on Thursday.
The militants attacked the home of Dilwar Khan, the head
of the pro-government "Aman Lashkar" in Adezai area, early
This was the second such attack on Khan in five days.
Member of the militia returned fire and killed three
The other attackers escaped in the darkness, police said.
A spokesman of the militia, Farmanullah Jan, said more
than a dozen militants travelling in three vehicles carried
out the attack.
On August 6, militants fired two rockets at Khan`s home
though no one was injured in the attack.
The laskhar in Adezai has been at the forefront of the
campaign against the Taliban.
The militants have repeatedly targeted leaders and
volunteers of the militia.
Nearly 40 people were killed when a suicide bomber
targeted members of the lashkar while they were attending a
funeral in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa