Anti-Taliban militia repulses attack; 3 killed
Islamabad: Three militants were killed as
members of an anti-Taliban militia repulsed an attack on the
home of their leader on the outskirts of Peshawar city in
northwest Pakistan on Thursday.
The militants attacked the home of Dilwar Khan, the head
of the pro-government "Aman Lashkar" in Adezai area, early
This was the second such attack on Khan in five days.
Member of the militia returned fire and killed three
The other attackers escaped in the darkness, police said.
A spokesman of the militia, Farmanullah Jan, said more
than a dozen militants travelling in three vehicles carried
out the attack.
On August 6, militants fired two rockets at Khan`s home
though no one was injured in the attack.
The laskhar in Adezai has been at the forefront of the
campaign against the Taliban.
The militants have repeatedly targeted leaders and
volunteers of the militia.
Nearly 40 people were killed when a suicide bomber
targeted members of the lashkar while they were attending a
funeral in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested